Monday, August 6, 2012

My First Blog Post

I've been going back and forth, deciding whether or not I can actually pull off keeping a teaching blog. I feel spread so thin, but this is something that I really have been wanting to do for so long! Let me introduce myself!

I am headed into my sixth year of teaching. I have taught first, second, and third grade. Right now, I am teaching second grade, and oh how these kids are super!!! They grow so much in second grade. So many of them can hardly read at the beginning of the year, and by the end, they are fabulous readers!

I am celebrating my anniversary this month- twelve years!!! I can hardly believe that much time has passed!!! I have a fabulous husband that tries his best to understand the chaos of an elementary school teacher and continues to be entertained from stories I bring home.
I have three crazy kids! My oldest is in fifth grade this year. I can't believe I have a kid this old. As you can tell, life goes to quickly for me! My second oldest is in second grade this year. I can hardly wait for him to experience the grandness of second grade. He doesn't love school like I would like him to, but he's a good student and great little guy! My youngest is going to start kindergarten this year. Tears have been shed for my youngest leaving me to the comfort of "real" school this year already, but he is thrilled!

Besides teaching and spending endless hours thinking and breathing teaching, I love running, dancing, and digital scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment