Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Writer's Workshop

We write a lot in our classroom. One of the first things I figured out in teaching is that in order to help all of those little students, I needed some kind of procedure in place to do when the students were writing so they were not always at my desk asking how to spell words. I came up with this dictionary for the kids to use. It has a page per letter with words that start with that letter, as well as empty lines to write new words. We go through and write each person's name in the class in the dictionary at the beginning of the year, and then we are ready to use our dictionary. They pull it out whenever we are writing as a resource for them to use. I love this dictionary!!! You can find it at my TPT store. Click on the image below. (Let's be honest- I left my jump drive at school and cannot upload the cute graphic, you get this right now, but trust me, click on it and see what it truly looks like in the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment