Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Gravity

Our second grade team does rotations for social studies and science. I was not thrilled when I drew out gravity in the summer when we were figuring out our schedule. My mind has been going crazy trying to figure out how to teach it. I decided that the first place to go was Magic School Bus- I love them! I found this on Youtube, and although movies are BORING all of the time, clips are not. I introduced gravity with a little bit of the episode. We only have thirty minutes for three weeks to teach each topic.

I really wanted to try my heart at STEM teaching. I've been researching it, and it should always start with a real life problem. I decided I would put together a mini unit so I could teach it. This one is about Aiden and his problem with different balls. I can't wait to use this unit. I will start using it next week!

I am starting to put my products up for FREE for the first 24 hours so I hope you catch it in time!!! Tell me what you do to make teaching gravity fun for your kids! I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment