Thursday, September 17, 2015

Johnny Appleseed and Apples Everywhere!

One of my favorite holidays to teach is Johnny Appleseed day. I've created two units that I absolutely love. My first is my Language Arts with a bit of Science. My apples unit is more science and math. I'm in love with both of them! I also just bundled them. Click on the pics below to purchase individually, or click here to purchase them bundled!



Last year my students had such a good time with Johnny Appleseed day! We got to come dressed up in flannel, with a pot for our head! (I can post this handsome guy because he is my son and was in my class!)
While doing other apple stations from these packets, one of them is making caramel apples. In the morning I let each of the students unwrap some caramels to add to the crockpot. Add a couple tablespoons of water, and by the afternoon, the caramel is perfect.

 Here is one of my students doing the Apple Jacks Math. I adjusted it this year to be more focused on place value since we are hitting that really hard right now. I'm excited for my students to do this new place value Apple Jacks math.
If you have never celebrated Johnny Appleseed day, try it this year. There's so much to learn about apples and why we celebrate this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment